The Military Reporters and Editors 2017 conference is schedule for 8:30 a.m. March 31 at the Politico building, 1000 Wilson Blvd, Arlington Va.To register for the conference, click here.
8:30-9:00—Registration and coffee
- John Hyten, commander of US Strategic Command
10:15-11:15—Covering the Military and National Security: Tips from Those in the Trenches
- Sig Christenson, San Antonio Express-News
- Connor O’Brien, Politico
- Hannah Allam, Buzzfeed
- Luis Martinez, ABC
11:30-12:30—Safety of Journalists: Dangers of reporting in both conflict and non-conflict zones
- Margaux Ewen, North America advocacy and communications director, Reporters Sans Frontieres
2:45-3:45—Building the Reporter, PAO Relationship
- Army Maj. Gen. Malcolm B. Frost, Chief of Army Public Affairs
- Navy Rear Adm. Dawn E. Cutler, Chief of Naval Information
- Marine Corps Brig. Gen. James F. Glynn, Director Marine Corps Public Affairs
- Jerry Renne, Deputy Director of Air Force Public Affairs
- Navy Capt. Jeff A. Davis, Director of Defense Press Operations
All participants are invited to attend a happy hour at Politico after a few closing remarks by outgoing MRE president Amy McCullough.
The annual war correspondents’ dinner will be held at Old Ebbitt Grill later that evening. Please RSVP separately to the dinner by sending an email to Sig Christenson.